Saturday, May 1, 2010

April 30th, 2010 - Friday

Friday April 30th


So this being my last blog I decided it would be a good chance to reflect on my time in Europe. Coming into this trip I would have never imagined all of the things I would see, the places I would go, but most importantly the bonds I would make with the people I came with. The past three months were not always easy, of course: people missed home, friends, and family, and people got on each other’s nerves here. But it always worked itself out. Looking back on all of the trips we took, it seems like Greece was years and years ago. I would have to say, though, that Greece was my favorite group trip. Everything about the trip was amazing, and everything about Greece was breath-taking! The sights, sounds, and it didn’t hurt that in February it was about 75 there(: As the trip went on travel became a large part of our everyday life. It was all about class and then travel--no down time--just see everything; it was amazing.


Places that I had never even heard of like Bratislava or places I never thought I would be to like the Eiffel Tower, everything was like magic. Sometimes the trips didn’t seem real: did we actually just spend 3 week exploring Europe?! Going to Poland, Prague, Berlin and Ireland, it almost seemed too good to be true. Sometimes it was hard being with the same 16 people all day every day, but I wouldn’t have changed anything about it except the long train rides.


As our trip is coming to an end, all I can think about is how lucky I am to have had this experience. I mean, some people live their entire lives and never see anything of what I have seen in these few, short months. I am a very lucky girl. So now it’s time to try and pack up 3 months worth of memories, gifts, and clothes, and back home I go.


Ally Billingsley

No comments:

Post a Comment