Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentines Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

So, today was a late day for us all. Seeing that it is Sunday and lunch wasn't until 12:45 we all decided to sleep until 12:30. It was great, finally catching up on the lack of sleep. We have been in Vienna for a total of five days already! Its crazy how time passes here. Nothing is better than waking up and realizing where you are, In a huge palace that you are able to call home.

After I went to lunch I decided to go and explore the city more, especially since we now have the subway passes and I know how it operates. I love going into the city and seeing all the different stores and little cafes that are every where. Such a different atmosphere than back home in Massachusetts, but I am loving every second of it.

After roaming Vienna for an hour or so I came back to my room and all of the roommates just hung out and talked about how we are liking everything. In my opinion nothing is better than just being able to relax and communicate with the people you're living with; there is a sense of family already starting to be established with everyone. Around 5pm Professor Brezovec and his wife Michele took the whole group out to dinner at a small cafe up the street. The cafe was all German food, which is something we have not experienced yet, besides the food we are fed at the Theresianum (which is delicious). At the cafe I ordered the Beef Goulash with potatoes. It was Delicious! The most tender beef I have ever had in my life and the potatoes were just simply amazing. I was very pleased with the food there, and it was reasonably priced.

Overall, being here it has been a blast. Overwhelming at first because of all the scheduled events and meetings that you have and we were all very antsy too; but once everything started to slow down and finally get into a routine I think i can speak for all of us and say we all feel more at ease and comfortable. Carl and Michele do a good job keeping us busy, so there hasn't been much time to feel homesick.......I would just like to point out that I spent my first Valentine's Day in the past 20 years of my life in VIENNA :).

No comments:

Post a Comment