Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Last Night :(



When I woke up today nice and early in the morning with the sun shining through the hostel I realized that it was our last day in Athens. Sam, Murielle, Chrissy, Christina and I were in such a hurry to spend all day shopping and enjoying the seventy degree weather. We all got up nice and early to roam around Athens one last time. I did some serious bartering with vendors and got such good deals on souvenirs for my family. Sam, Murielle and I walked around for hours and hours just taking in the culture in Greece. Everyone is just so friendly and welcoming. Around 3:30pm we headed back to the hostel to meet the rest of the group. Carl and Michele booked a small trip to Poseidon's Temple, which is about an hour and a half away. We all took a bus there and got to see more of Greece. The more and more I saw of this country the more I fell in love with it. The water, houses and scenery looked like it was out of a movie. Everything was just so beautiful! When we arrived at the temple everyone was in awe of how beautiful it was. As the sun set a bunch of us just sat together quietly watching it. None of us could even describe how amazing it was. This truly was the most spectacular thing I have ever seen. What a great way to end our trip to Greece. When we left the temple and arrived back at the hostel we all split up to get some dinner. Murielle, Sam and I ended up eating at this little cafe with Carl and Michele. The food was phenomenal; I had some pasta with tomato sauce that was so delicious. After dinner the 3 of us decided to get some dessert. Sam got a chocolate cake from this amazing little chocolate shop, and then we walked down a few feet and had some delicious frozen yogurt. The day was perfect! When we got back into the hostel and packed our things to go, I couldn't help but get a little sad. I felt that this trip really helped bring us together more, and we were all just so happy. This trip is something I will never forget, and I can't wait to go on more. Before we went to bed, we all stood on our balcony and just looked outside one last time and agreed we would definitely be back again. :)

Stephanie Gilbert

No comments:

Post a Comment